Radio, Features & REVIEWS
These are words spoken by the people and the press. This is verbatim.
(These are countries that Homerik has received press among their wide-spread, expanding global audience.)
Stations played on: Boston Rock Radio (UK), Meridian (107 FM) [UK], Stone & Steel (KVCM 95.1 FM) [USA], Russ Evans Music Show (Ridge Radio) [UK], LA Rocks Radio (DE), Metal Radio Ireland (IE), Chesil FM (UK), Steve Göldby Talks Metal (Metal Talk on Total Rock) [UK], Metal Maximum Radio (IT), Trigger Warning Radio (UK), Mysticus Radio Podcast (CO), Metal Rises in the East (Metal Nation Radio) [CA], Volnorez (RU), This Is Only Rock Radio [ES], Radio Shock (RU), Radio Metal (UA), Radio 128 (RU), Vote to Radio (RU), etc.
"Tribal is just one of the words to describe the sounds of Homerik."
- Look and Listen Music (UK)
"This is my musical journey, and I challenge everyone who is reading this, to shut off the world for a moment, turn this music on and just let it consume you. You will get great transitions, a wide range of vocal styles, and intense rhythms, but the feeling you are left with after you are done listening will be your own gift. Thank you Homerik for such a lovely gift and for bringing this experience to my life."
- Italian Metal Queen (Darkland Promotions) [USA]
"A step ahead of many metal bands in terms of their scope and the time they’ve taken to carefully curate suites of music which transport the listener through time and space, Homerik are worthy practitioners of a new kind of intelligent, affecting thrash."
- TheLightningNation1 (Sonic News) [UK]
"Best of all is Wendigo, the opening screams and slow build of chest-bursting percussion giving way to some top-notch atmospherics. A real blood-chiller and a great indication of what Homerik have to offer in the future, hopefully."
- Devil Horns Music (UK)
"Multi-level, complex symphonic metal. Theatrically creative."
- Ddubs (Metal Rises in the East; Metal Nation Radio) [CA]
"Their passion for unhinged, challenging art ranges from the traditional gothic to the twisted, epic, video game worlds of God of War, giving you glimpses of the darker sides of humanity before whisking you off to plague-infected pastures new."
- Hear Me Raw (UK)
"Rest assured, Homerik never loses sight of the metal. A prime example is “Unforgotten Kin,” where the vocal work invokes a devilish choir from limbo, which sounds like Hades, perhaps chanting to Beelzebub himself. The drumming is extreme, the guitar edgy and the mood firmly hellish."
- Paul J. Wolfle (Music Interview Magazine) [USA]
"Epic... you can go there with it like a little movie. It's exactly why we do the 'Metal Moment'."
- Tully Dio (Stone & Steel; KVCM 95.1) [USA]
"...this record ticks all the right boxes."
- Dave Ravenheart (Ravenheart Music) [USA]
"My personal highlight of the album 'The "Ire" of Green' brings together Irish style folk with fiddle and tin whistle mixed effortlessly with sharp, stabbing guitar chords, reminiscent of a heavier, darker Gogol Bordello."
- Rocky Road (UK)
"Beginning with ‘Curse of the Black Nile’, an epic monstrosity incorporating lines from one of the most disturbing Ancient Egyptian texts (The Cannibal Hymn). The track has a regal elegance that slowly descends into something more sinister the longer it plays. Crescendo-ing into a rapid heavy metal drum beat and combining with a mixture of soft and aggressive spitting of lyrics."
- Skye W. Winwood (Music News Today) [UK]
"The album is absolutely fantastic."
- Rick Tilley, (Ever Metal) [USA]
"'A Song of the Night Part 1' plunges from the frolicking earnestness of European classical into the archetypically Metal rancour of tolling church bells and chugging riffage, with a choir of Gregorian monks rounding things out with typical histrionics."
- Callum Oliver (Snackatrack) [UK]
"Homerik are one of those bands you feel you could grow up with. They’ve done their homework both musically and academically, with the sounds of metal both aged and modern flowing through their limbs, and the lore of the ancients stalking through their lyrics. There’s a comfort that they, like you, actually care about what they’re doing – they aren’t just throwing songs out there for the Hell of it, there’s time and great thought in the material they have created: it matters."
- Somebody Told Me... (UK)
“Had to write straight back, very impressed with Homerik's sound and will definitely be playing it on LA ROCKS RADIO. Hope we get the chance to hear the rest of the album.”
- LA Rocks Radio (DE)
"We music listeners love to put everything in boxes. If you try this with Homerik though, you’ll most certainly find yourself struggling for words and completely lost in their complex, expansive arrangements as you try to make sense of the auditory rollercoaster you just got on."
- New Music Platform (UK)
"With strong riffing, great production and vocal diversity this band showed me that metal is capable of experimentation, and succeeding at it. Songs to look out for especially are, "An Angel of Darkness, Curse of the Black Nile, The Balance of Power". Its a refreshing feeling to know that the torch of metal will be carried on and I'm proud that its in the hands of modern bands.
- Dean Catsaros (Metal Awaits) [AT]
"...a worthy contender to anyone's soundtrack to the dark side in all of us."
- Louise Tindall (Slaves to the Rhythm) [UK]
"I always knew when Rick at Ever Metal asked me to do him a favour and review a band for him that it was not going to be a run of the mill band. I knew there was going to be diversity and that there was a very good chance that I wouldn’t like the album. I think Rick assumed that too, and how I love proving him wrong."
- Dawn King (Ever Metal) [USA]
Interviews & SPOTLIGHTS
(AND HONORABLE MENTIONS)
- All Access Music (USA) [Interview] - by Leah Brungardt
- Aggressive Alliance (USA) [Interview] - by Arrogance Core Promo
- Sonic News (UK) [Interview] - by TheLightning_Nation1
- simplyvideos (UK) [Spotlight]
- TuneCore (USA) [Spotlight] - by Kevin Cornell
- Model Citizen Magazine (AT) [Interview]
- Roughly Recommended (UK) [Honorable Mention]
- Stencil Magazine (UK) [Spotlight]
- CROM Magazine (USA) [Spotlight] - by Carl Frederick
- Metaller (DE) [Spotlight]
- Metal Temple (EL) [Spotlight]
- The Bible of Metal (IT) [Spotlight] - by Alex Govoni
- Varg Media Group (RU) [Spotlight]
- Music Afisha (RU) [Spotlight]
- Rock Online (RU) [Spotlight] - by Alexander Lataev
- On Music Stage (RU) [Spotlight] - by Alexander Lataev
- Rockovo (UA) [Spotlight] - by Alexard
- Russian Rock Music (RU) [Spotlight]
- I Rock Music (RU) [Spotlight] - by Alexard
- Informative Radio (RU) [Spotlight]
- Metal Nation (RU) [Spotlight]
- The Moshville Times (UK) [Spotlight]
- Arte Metal (BR) [Spotlight] - by Vitor Hugo Franceschini
- Midlands Metalheads Radio (UK) [Spotlight] - by Alex Woodhouse
- Power of Metal (DK) [Spotlight]
- Metalhead (IT) [Spotlight] - by redazione666
- Speed'n'Power (RU) [Spotlight] - by Denis
- True Metal (IT) [Spotlight] - by Daniele D'Adamo
We work hard to bring you excellent music and thought-provoking stories. Sign up to embark on this journey with us and stay up to date with all that Homerik has to offer.